Tuesday, December 4, 2012
Fronier Project Field Trip.
I was lucky enough to make it to the Frontier Project; I definitely enjoyed the fact that I had something to do that day; I usually lock myself in my room all day. What was most impressive about the frontier project was the plant life on the roof. WHOA!!! I know I've heard that Green Roofs have many environmental and financial benefits, but I've never seen a green roof in person. The project itself was precisely designed; they even used native plants on their green roof which contribute to low water use as opposed to non-native plants. I also liked the Solar Panels that were installed, however I sort of wish they would install more solar panels, but this amount of solar panels were probably most efficient for their situation. Everything from the Insulating concrete foam to the cool tower was just impressive, seeing it all together like that. Seeing all that just absolutely proved to me that, "It is possible, Sustainability is Possible" I've heard of energy efficient building before, but I've never seen one up close, it definitely gave me lots to think about as well, and it was more than just a day out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment